Use your Design Skills to End Hunger!
MOM is hosting it’s annual Canstruction® Madison event May 1st and are in need of a design experts to work with sponsored teams. Canstruction® is a community competition where teams use canned and packaged goods to build imaginative structures. Awards are given out after the build in many categories, but the most important part is that all of the food is used to help feed local people in need. MOM hosts one of the largest food pantries in Dane county. In 2013 alone, the MOM Food Pantry distributed over 800,000 pounds of food, serving over 3,000 different individuals, 43% of whom were children.
A brief description of what the design expert does is below. If you are willing to help or want further information, please contact Elaine Bogen at email@example.com
The Canstruction® Design Expert acts as a consultant to a Canstruction® Team
providing the Team with design and build expertise.
The Design Expert will…
- Periodically consult with Team members to design/engineer the Team’s Structure.
- Be accessible to Team members during regular business hours to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Help Team develop a technically accurate illustration of their Structure for submission to MOM by assigned due date.
- Help Team determine total number of canned goods and packaged foods required to build their Structure.
- Optional: Help Team build their Structure at the Canstruction® Competition on May 1 during the day. Build Out runs from 7:00am – 3:30pm.
- Design Expert and affiliated business name will be recognized at the event and on the Canstruction® Madison website